Binax Now - Influenza AB Test - Rapid - On-Site Flu Test
The Binax NOW #416-22 is a rapid test used in point of care testing to qualitatively detect Influenza A + B from nasal swab specimens to accurately diagnose influenza vs. common cold. Influenza is highly contagious and when not treated in the first 48 hours, could initiate a variety of health problems.
- Results in 15 minutes!
- Allows for point of care rapid treatment
- Detects both viable (live) and non-viable Influenza A and B
- Three color results: Easy to read results eliminate mistakes in interpretation
- Classified CLIA Waived, Rapid Influenza Test
- Sensitivity: Flu A 70-89%; Flu B 50-69%
- Specificity: Flu A 90-99%; Flu B 94-100%
- Inadequate specimen handling and collection may result in false-negative results
- Use of visibly bloody samples is not recommend for this test