RPR 500 - Syphilis Test Kit, Antigen
This testing kit is a Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR), serology test kit for Syphilis antigen. Kit is often used to screen for patients with sexually transmitted diseases, and/or pregnant women. RPR testing is most accurate for middle-stage syphilis. Most false-positive results can occur during early/late stage syphilis patients. If the screening test is positive, the next step is to confirm the diagnosis with a more specific test for syphilis, such as FTA-ABS test which will distinguish between syphilis and other infections or conditions.
RPR screening can also help in the treatment of Syphilis by providing results that should show a weak reactive/falling response.
Note: Please consult your doctor for accurate medical information.
Testing Kit Includes:
- One 9 ml of RPR Carbon Antigen
- 2.5 ml of each level of test control (reactive, weak reactive, and nonreactive)
- 50 10 well 18mm circle test cards
- 500 disposable dispensing-spreading pipets
- Antigen dispensing bottle
- One 20 gauge dispensing needle